Goldy Pleco Died

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
ClayT101
Location 1: Baton Rouge, LA
Location 2: USA
Interests: Plecos, Pro Wrestling, Football (Pro & College)

Goldy Pleco Died

Post by ClayT101 »

Well unfortunately today, I discovered my new Goldy pleco had died :( I had him for about 1 1/2 weeks. I bought him in New York and kept it on the plane with me. I was about ready to move him out of quarintine too. Oh well, the next time I am in Buffalo I will have to try my luck with another one (really good LFS). At least the albino bristle nose I bought is doing extremely well. :)
It's True! It's True!

Southeast Louisiana Aquarium Society: http://www.selas.us
Cartman
Location 1: MN, USA

Post by Cartman »

Sorry for your loss Clay. What was the cause? Sudden Fungal outbreak? Anything Visually wrong?
S. Allen
Location 1: Colorado Springs, USA
Interests: Fish: catfish, discus, stingrays. Alcohol: Vodka, Gin, Rum, Beer, Cider. Tobacco: cigars, pipe, hookah/shisha. Dogs, Literature, Music

Post by S. Allen »

Eh, why wait and go through the hassle of transporting a live fish, buy one and have it shipped...
stibolt
Location 1: Hamlet´s town, Denmark
Interests: Almost all catfishes, but mostly Panaque nigrolineatus

Post by stibolt »

Hi Clay.

If it´s any comfort: my albino pleco is doing exstremely fine. .I was kinda nervous when I bought him. . him being albino and all. . but there is no problem what so ever. In fact, he´s the most lively of my plecos. So maybe it was just a coinsidence, that it was your albino pleco who died. . :an:
ClayT101
Location 1: Baton Rouge, LA
Location 2: USA
Interests: Plecos, Pro Wrestling, Football (Pro & College)

Post by ClayT101 »

The albino is still okay. His belly turned black/blue for awhile, but he is still alive and kicking. I posted a question regarding the blue/black illness in another post. As for why the goldy died, I still don't know.
It's True! It's True!

Southeast Louisiana Aquarium Society: http://www.selas.us

Return to “South American Catfishes (Loricariidae - Plecos et al)”