Is there a way to "decontaminate" Ich-exposed plants?

Post pictures of your beloved catfish aquaria here. Also good for pictures of your (cat)fish rooms or equipment discussions. If you are posting pictures of identified catfish, please do so in the appropriate husbandry and reproduction forum above.
Embee
My cats species list: 3 (i:0, k:1)
My aquaria list: 2 (i:0)
My BLogs: 2 (i:0, p:26)
Spotted: 1
Location 1: Denmark
Location 2: Herlev

Re: Is there a way to "decontaminate" Ich-exposed plants?

Post by Embee »

I am sorry to read about all this, but it leads me to a question regarding where you obtain your new fish?

I rarely buy in shops, almost anything I obtain is from private breeders. If I get anything from a shop I always observe all the tanks, looking for dead fish, and inquire whether they QT their fish before selling them. I've handed some excess guppies and such to a local store, and they didn't QT them, which immediately put them in my black book.

Best of luck with the rest Theresa.
pleconut
I've donated: $35.00!
My cats species list: 35 (i:23, k:0)
My aquaria list: 25 (i:13)
My BLogs: 3 (i:4, p:154)
My Wishlist: 1
Spotted: 1
Location 1: Bournemouth
Location 2: UK

Re: Is there a way to "decontaminate" Ich-exposed plants?

Post by pleconut »

Thanks I've been told, although I've always thought it a very reputable chain, as I very rarely have problems that where I purchased the tetras has all the young fish they stock on a system with intense and on a large scale UV filters. Therefore the fish don't build any immunity whatsoever. So I bought the tetras QTd them alone. The 2 recently purchased ABNs were kept separate to the tetras and other fish to allow them to recuperate from shipping but seemed fine. Still a blunder on my part though. Then in the main tank with no immunity the tetras picked up whitespot with devastating results. Apart from five plecos, one of which is very sick the tank's been wiped out. All the tetras died and plants I eremoved have been destroyed. Still trying to figure out how to decontaminate the old tank
Thanks Teresa

Return to “Tank Talk”