Rex... and Other who wanted pics.. here you go...

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
PeacockBass
Location 1: the Net
Interests: Fish,Girls,Competition,Games

Rex... and Other who wanted pics.. here you go...

Post by PeacockBass »

all of my Monster SA Cats.. who will be monsters soon enough

TSN. hes 19-20 inches now and is a Great fish...

Leiarius marmoratas.. this guys is one of the best.. i love Leiarius and this is one awsome fish. he is curently 13 inches.

this is my Brachyplatystoma Juruense.. i absolutly LOVE this fish... hes 4.5 inches and has a 10 inch top streamer and a 7 inch bottum one. awsome fish.

here is my RTC and my baby Marble with my P. granulosus in the background..
the RTC is now 5 inches and the marble is 4.. the gran is around 8... very kool fish..

here is one of my favs to... Pseudodoras Niger and Pterodoras granulosus..
niger is around 9 inches and the granulosus is 8.. very kool fish but they do not eat alot suprizingly... :(

the nigers Scutes (Barbes). i have been savagly Raped by these many times... allmost had to ge stiches.. bastard.

hope you all enjoyed the pics..

feed back please..
PeacockBass

Post by PeacockBass »

allso here is a pic of my Old Leiarius Pictus.. he is Now 24 inches and is in a 1600 gallon tank with other large cats.. hes is and was such a Bad-ass...

my fav catfish and allways will be part of my heart.
his name was "Catfish Hunter" from the movie Grumpy Old men and Grumpyer Old men when they finaly cought it.. :)
Last edited by PeacockBass on 06 Mar 2003, 08:29, edited 1 time in total.
Zack
Location 1: Kodiak Alaska
Interests: fish,outdoors,powersports=mx,pre running,etc etc

Post by Zack »

WOW, awesome fish.
55 gallon
11 pygmy cories
8 neon tetras
1 banjo
4 black neons
4 otos
Sid Guppy
Location 1: Brabant, the Netherlands
Interests: Catfish, Tanganyikan fish, Rock'n'roll, Fantasy

Post by Sid Guppy »

Very nice fish!
if you want to fatten up the dorads, start feeding veggies; the carnivores won't care for it, but the pterodoras and pseudodoras will love it:
peas from the freezer are especially loved by many dorads, and spinache from the freezer, pieces of kiwi (kiwi sinks), pieces of melon (ditto), Mango, broccoli that has been cooked for a minute ( pieces cut from the stem, not the top wich we eat); they'll gobble it up, believe me.
I once had a tiny pterodoras (2") that grew to 15" in 2 years with this diet (in a 125G)another one to keep it company grew from 5" to 18"...; in the wild fruit makes up a big part of its' diet. Putting a handful of snails helps too; both species LOOOOVE snails, and you might know another fishkeeper with a snail problem (I mean live aquatic snails; shells on), like Ramshorns or Burrowersnails.
Plan B should not automatically be twice as much explosives as Plan A
PeacockBass

Post by PeacockBass »

ahah.. ok man ill start feeding them vegis!! thanks for the advise..
STINGRAY
Location 1: WEST MIDS
Interests: CATFISH AND RAYS

Post by STINGRAY »

Off topic, but how do you heat and filter such a lge tank and is it glass all round?
PeacockBass

Post by PeacockBass »

good question.. some INline heaters and alot of the Nice Pro Heat titainium submersables...

filter a tank that large the way you would a koi pond.. large bio media with SLow flow rate...

Return to “South American Catfishes (Everything else)”