Fish Food

Post pictures of your beloved catfish aquaria here. Also good for pictures of your (cat)fish rooms or equipment discussions. If you are posting pictures of identified catfish, please do so in the appropriate husbandry and reproduction forum above.
jscoggs27
I've donated: $130.00!
My images: 4
My cats species list: 11 (i:0, k:0)
My aquaria list: 1 (i:1)
Spotted: 2
Location 1: UK
Location 2: Stevenage, Herts, UK

Fish Food

Post by jscoggs27 »

Hi all, this isnt really a question im just interested in what type and make of prepared food/ pellets you feed your cats.
Im using:
Hikari Algae wafers for the plecos.
JBL catfish pellets for my clarius..(he will only eat these. frozen bloodworm and some Hikari cichlid staple floating pellets.

The reason I ask is I have to buy some more wafers and was wondering what you guys use? Hikari seem to be good My L001 has grown quick on these. But I recently brought some hikari carnivore pellets and my clarius turns his nose up and refuses to touch them. I was wondering if there was anything better than hikari. Im begining to get reluctant to buy different stuff though cos its expensive if they refuse to eat it!
Thanks
jason
Silurus
I've donated: $12.00!
My articles: 55
My images: 885
My catfish: 1
My cats species list: 90 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 420
Location 1: Singapore
Location 2: Moderator Emeritus

Post by Silurus »

Seems like you have a very picky <i>Clarias</i> there. First time I've heard a catfish refuse carnivore pellets.
Well, the next best pellet/tablet food I've found is Tetra Tabimin. Another good pelleted food is trout chow, but I'm not sure if that's readily available to you.

Return to “Tank Talk”