age?

A members area where you can introduce yourself, discuss anything outwith catfish and generally get to know each other.
pennykate
Location 1: new england
Interests: pets, crafts

age?

Post by pennykate »

:P Hi everyone....
i have set up a new tank with just cats and pl*co's.....i have 6 cories and a clown and a bristlenose..(in this area they are called bushynose) and am curious as the the longevity....anyone know? some say several years with good conditions and others say just a year or so......
also, i cannot get my two to eat any fresh veggies such as zuchinni, cukes, yams whater.....that is ok as i do use the Pl*co wafers about 3 times a week at night and i do have loads of driftwood inmy tank......i can see that both have really nicely rounded tummy's so i don't think they are starving but i am curious as to the veggies....actually if they don't need them that is good as i think they are messy....
thanks all
ellie
Dinyar
My articles: 3
My images: 228
My catfish: 10
My cats species list: 3 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 94
Location 1: New York, NY, USA
Interests: Mochokidae, Claroteidae, Bagridae, Malepteruridae, Chacidae, Heteropneustidae, Clariidae, Sisoridae, Loricariiadae

Post by Dinyar »

Longevity of which of your fish -- the bristlenose, clown plêco or Corydoras? I'd think it could easily be ten years with good care.

Dinyar
pennykate
Location 1: new england
Interests: pets, crafts

Post by pennykate »

thanks dinyar....i was interested in all of them really but as i am going soley catfish, i was curious as to what to expect.....my sister had a "common" years ago before anyone in this area knew of the Small ones and it lived to be 12 inches in a ten gallon tank????? she had no idea he would grow like that, and when she moved him to a larger tank, he died......she was broken hearted....of course....
i am hoping for a long life...
thanks
ellie

Return to “Speak Easy”