so only Ictalurids are catfish?

A members area where you can introduce yourself, discuss anything outwith catfish and generally get to know each other.
jscoggs27
I've donated: $130.00!
My images: 4
My cats species list: 11 (i:0, k:0)
My aquaria list: 1 (i:1)
Spotted: 2
Location 1: UK
Location 2: Stevenage, Herts, UK

so only Ictalurids are catfish?

Post by jscoggs27 »

Dinyar
My articles: 3
My images: 228
My catfish: 10
My cats species list: 3 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 94
Location 1: New York, NY, USA
Interests: Mochokidae, Claroteidae, Bagridae, Malepteruridae, Chacidae, Heteropneustidae, Clariidae, Sisoridae, Loricariiadae

Post by Dinyar »

This issue has been floating around for a year or so already. Pretty bizarre, isn't it? In the Arab world, religion regulates science; in the US, it's commerce. Both very medieval.

Dinyar
S. Allen
Location 1: Colorado Springs, USA
Interests: Fish: catfish, discus, stingrays. Alcohol: Vodka, Gin, Rum, Beer, Cider. Tobacco: cigars, pipe, hookah/shisha. Dogs, Literature, Music

Post by S. Allen »

;) and with the US government you are surprised? Someone ought to bring them a nice fat pim and ask what it is... without thinking the answer would be "some sort of catfish".

And then you could hit them with it. of course the latter step is optional, but would be fun.

Anyhow, if you think that's silly get a listing of banned fish in certain states. Luckily out here not much survives, even though there have been a few pleco occurrences, they'd never make it through the winter.

Return to “Speak Easy”