Pleco pipes needed

Items sought in the United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland.
kev
Location 1: Lancashire
Interests: Catfish and Stingray's

Pleco pipes needed

Post by kev »

I'm looking for some clay pipes for my pleco's, all sizes considered. Fish safe plastic would work aswell.

Thanks

Kev
Put me dinner in the oven, im off to the Xingu!!!.
tonyp5467
My cats species list: 2 (i:0, k:0)
Location 1: sheffield nr jn35 m1
Location 2: sheffield jn35 m1
Interests: fish and cars

Re: Pleco pipes needed

Post by tonyp5467 »

hows about slate caves
plenty of pics on my group page
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/gro ... 763950734/
slate caves custom made to order please feel free to join my facebook group for plenty of pics http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/gro ... 763950734/
anything you cant see just ask and im sure i can accomodate your needs
Marc van Arc
Expert
My articles: 20
My images: 61
My catfish: 9
Spotted: 35
Location 2: Eindhoven, The Netherlands

Post by Marc van Arc »

tonyp5467 wrote:how about slate caves
How about introducing yourself first?
Jools
Expert
My articles: 197
My images: 944
My catfish: 238
My cats species list: 87 (i:13, k:1)
My BLogs: 7 (i:7, p:202)
My Wishlist: 23
Spotted: 447
Location 1: Middle Earth,
Location 2: Scotland
Interests: All things aquatic, Sci-Fi, photography and travel. Oh, and beer.

Post by Jools »

Marc van Arc wrote:
tonyp5467 wrote:how about slate caves
How about introducing yourself first?
Kev,

I note your reporting of Marc's post with the comment "no need for this". Had a think about it and didn't respond immediately.

I think Marc is coming at this from the point of view of (IMO gently) suggesting tonyp5467 reads the guidelines for commercial posts which suggests those using the forum for selling introduce themselves first. Just linking to a restricted offsite page is a little discriminatory...

Jools
kev

Post by kev »

Jools,

That's fine Jools but couldn't he have done that in a PM? With a link to the rules?

The reason I put "no need for this" was because if he is asking the guy to at least have the courtesy to introduce himself before he try's selling stuff then at least have the courtesy to treat him with a bit of respect and explain the rules to him as he was a brand new member. Maybe the fact that he has only bothered to post once since the first reply he got was a negative one speaks for it's self. Not trying to cause problems here Jools but you expect a bit more tact from a mod.

Take it easy
Kev.
Jools
Expert

Post by Jools »

kev wrote:Jools,

That's fine Jools but couldn't he have done that in a PM? With a link to the rules?

The reason I put "no need for this" was because if he is asking the guy to at least have the courtesy to introduce himself before he try's selling stuff then at least have the courtesy to treat him with a bit of respect and explain the rules to him as he was a brand new member. Maybe the fact that he has only bothered to post once since the first reply he got was a negative one speaks for it's self. Not trying to cause problems here Jools but you expect a bit more tact from a mod.

Take it easy
Kev.
Hi Kev

A pm might make sense, but then if you consider the volumes we deal with, then it doesn't make sense. A pm is invisible, so others cannot learn from it. Guidance should be public in the main in my view.

I am not sure I would read more into posts or no more posts. This is an international forum and that is often forgotten, uk visitors, for example, form less than 15% of visitors. So, if you're selling Pleco caves in England via Facebook, ten posts gives roughly the same yield (from search engine perspective) as one especially on such a site as Planet.

Tact is often used but I would suggest more sparingly for commercial posters who don't bother to observe our guidelines. They are, after all, making profit from the bandwidth I pay for and the time that the moderators freely give.

I hope that makes sense and really happy to have the discussion, no trouble seen or sought.

Cheers

Jools
kev

Post by kev »

Jools,

I don't know the volume of PM's the mod's get, never really thought about it t be honest and I understand what you are saying that keeping it in the open forum educates everyone that may come across it and agree with it but there was no reason that the post could not have contained a link to the rules or a specific rule. I understand that commercial sellers who just jump on here to make a quick quid and not contribute anything in terms of help of info and using up bandwidth will start to get on yours and the mod's nerves at time's and I understand that the mod's give up their time free of charge (I'm a mod myself on a Stingray forum) but it does not mean they can't show a bit of respect and guidance, even if it is a commercial seller who is not going to contribute anything useful. Manners cost nothing as they say.

Take care
Kev.
Jools
Expert

Post by Jools »

kev wrote:Manners cost nothing as they say.
Hi Kev,

Yup, couldn't agree more. And in hindsight, perhaps Marc could have provided a link, when I first read it that wasn't my gut reaction however.

May I suggest we look at this from a different, particularity a non facebook users, view? The post looked pretty risky* and certainly took no account of the non FB thing. This could have been a link to anything and from someone who's just breezed in ignored several rules and linked offsite, I think Marc's response was proportionate and in keeping with the tone of the post.

Jools

* Generic content, no punctuation, case insensitive, same link in post as in sig line, first few posts etc. All classic forum spam features - really, I'm not making this up, it looked really dodgy.
kev

Post by kev »

Yeah I agree the link looked a bit dodgy and caution should be used with any link on a forum thread, that's why I searched him on Facebook first :d

Thanks for discussing it with me :-BD

Kev
Jools
Expert

Post by Jools »

kev wrote:Thanks for discussing it with me :-BD
Hi Kev,

Glad to. You took the time to report it, so it was the least I could do. I think it's important also that we do explain ourselves transparently as a lot of folks can get the wrong end of the the stick (i.e. think there's some sort of hidden agenda etc) when all we're trying to do is kept a firm hand on the tiller.

Cheers,

Jools
RickE
I've donated: $20.00!
My cats species list: 7 (i:1, k:0)
My aquaria list: 2 (i:2)
My BLogs: 1 (i:0, p:1)
Location 2: Watford, UK

Post by RickE »

I think we also need to take into account that English is not a first language for many of the PC users and I often think that replies look a bit terse or abrupt simply because it's the nature of the poster's native language. I make allowances because of this.

If you take Marc's reply and stick a :d or a X( after it, I think it works both ways.
Rick

Return to “Wanted (UK & ROI)”