Crossocheilus Langei

Items sought in the United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland.
Essex-Andy
Location 2: Essex SS17

Crossocheilus Langei

Post by Essex-Andy »

Hello,

I'm after one of these 'true' Siamese Algae eaters please.

I believe the Langei has barbels and a pronounced lateral stripe with red markings on the eyeball above the pupil. Which other SAEs do not.

Thanks,

Andy.
racoll
My articles: 6
My images: 182
My catfish: 2
My cats species list: 2 (i:0, k:0)
My aquaria list: 1 (i:0)
Spotted: 238
Location 1: Bristol
Location 2: UK

Re: Crossocheilus Langei

Post by racoll »

Hi Andy.

As we discussed in the other thread, you could also go with Crossocheilus atrilimes. You probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference in the shop anyway.

It's great to know the correct names of these fish, but there is one problem: nobody else does. Asking for C. langei makes it sound like you want something very unusual.

I am not sure why you need to post a request though? Although the ID can be tricky, these will be found in almost every single petshop in the country. Heck, you can even get them in New Zealand!

You might want to consider C. reticulatus too. In my opinion a better looking fish.

Hope this helps, and that you find some.

P.S. Crossocheilus seem to like eating java moss, so that might be worth bearing in mind also.
Essex-Andy

Post by Essex-Andy »

Thanks,

I've spoken with several tropical shops locally. Fins wont sell me one as they have had bad experiences of adult fish turning into bullies. Trop Shop is still waiting on prices and availability.

Anyone know of a stockist in south east Essex area?

Swallows in Rayleigh have s delievry due late Monday. But all they can tell me is the order is for SAEs. They dont know what ones until they have arrived.
Essex-Andy

Post by Essex-Andy »

Well just got back from Swallows. They tried to sell me flying foxes saying they're the same fish.

My search continues
Essex-Andy

Post by Essex-Andy »

Well I finally got one from Wet Pets in Romford for a whopping £3.75

Return to “Wanted (UK & ROI)”