zungaro id confirmation

Did you know fantastic help is an anagram of Planet Catfish? This forum is for those of you with pictures of your catfish who are looking for help identifying them. There are many here to help and a firm ID is the first step towards keeping your catfish in the best conditions.
pocel
Location 2: kansas

zungaro id confirmation

Post by pocel »

is this what i think he is if so i know what this beasty becomes thanks for confirmation :)
Attachments
zunagaro zungaro?
zunagaro zungaro?
Dave Rinaldo
I've donated: $601.00!
My images: 237
My cats species list: 64 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 97
Location 2: Austin, Texas

Re: zungaro id confirmation

Post by Dave Rinaldo »

Looks like one to me!!
MVC-803C.jpg
Contribute to Planet Catfish!

Use this Amazon.com link to benefit Planet Catfish!!
Viktor Jarikov
My images: 11
My cats species list: 25 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 4
Location 1: Naples, FL
Location 2: USA

Post by Viktor Jarikov »

Looks like Z. zungaro to me too, albeit I don't know what baby Z. jahu look like. Neither is the photo angle the best. Dave, is it you with a little Z. z.?

see 4th picture down (would be real nice to have for the Cat-elog): http://httpwwwwasyphpb.easyphpbb.com/vi ... .php?t=480
Thebiggerthebetter
fish-story.com
Dave Rinaldo
I've donated: $601.00!
My images: 237
My cats species list: 64 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 97
Location 2: Austin, Texas

Post by Dave Rinaldo »

Yes, Victor, that is me! I wish I'd known about you before I "gave' this fish to the Univesity of Texas. I couldn't find anyone else to take him :( My largest tank is 120G.

The second pic in the Cat-eLog is my fish as a baby.
Contribute to Planet Catfish!

Use this Amazon.com link to benefit Planet Catfish!!
Viktor Jarikov
My images: 11
My cats species list: 25 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 4
Location 1: Naples, FL
Location 2: USA

Post by Viktor Jarikov »

Very nice to put a face with the name and good to know/see you raised the fish from a baby. I'm guessing you are holding an about 2-footer TL. How long did it take him/her to grow to that size? I assume this is the size you gave it away at. What's the Univ. doing with it? Decorative or research goals?

It's ok :) I can't begin to express how much I appreciate the thought though. I am not quite ready to accept donations - fish housing is not ready yet, maybe in a month or two. Besides, I used to naively think Texas was next door to Florida but it is a 12-16 h drive empty. Times 1.3 if pulling my trailer = 12'x6' pond on wheels. I'd need to pick up a bunch of highly desirable fish to make it worth the money and the effort. I do read people catch huge, 6'-9' alligator gars in Texas and other monsters... :)
Thebiggerthebetter
fish-story.com

Return to “What is my catfish?”