hospital or sick fish section

For the discussion, definition and tracking of new features to the site.
vinman
Location 1: America, Bronx, NY
Location 2: America, Bronx, NY

hospital or sick fish section

Post by vinman »

How about putting a healt sec some where to go to ask for help when you have sick fish
Viktor Jarikov
My images: 11
My cats species list: 25 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 4
Location 1: Naples, FL
Location 2: USA

Re: hospital or sick fish sec

Post by Viktor Jarikov »

I like this suggestion. Don't know yet how it could be best organized - by fish, med, desease (hard), or just all in one forum.
Thebiggerthebetter
fish-story.com
MatsP
My articles: 4
My images: 28
My cats species list: 117 (i:33, k:0)
My aquaria list: 10 (i:8)
My BLogs: 4 (i:0, p:97)
Spotted: 187
Location 1: North of Cambridge
Location 2: England.

Post by MatsP »

This has been discussed a few times before. The conclusion is that in general, you'll get better advice from other people that have the same (or similar) fish than from people who have other sick fish - or something along those lines. In other words, post a message about your fish's illness in the relevant section (african cats, corys, plecos, other south americans or all other catfish).

I'm not saying we shouldn't review the situation, I'm just saying that last time we looked at it, that was the conclusion.

It's very easy to create new subforums, but the risk is that you end up with a lot of subforums with nothing (new) in them, and that's not actually helping anyone.

--
Mats
vinman
Location 1: America, Bronx, NY
Location 2: America, Bronx, NY

Post by vinman »

MatsP wrote:This has been discussed a few times before. The conclusion is that in general, you'll get better advice from other people that have the same (or similar) fish than from people who have other sick fish - or something along those lines. In other words, post a message about your fish's illness in the relevant section (african cats, corys, plecos, other south americans or all other catfish).

I'm not saying we shouldn't review the situation, I'm just saying that last time we looked at it, that was the conclusion.

It's very easy to create new subforums, but the risk is that you end up with a lot of subforums with nothing (new) in them, and that's not actually helping anyone.

--
Mats

If you go on most forums here in the states there is always a MASH, Health or hospital sub forum. I belong to both Reptile and Fish forums. A lot of times there health problems questions can get lost in a general subforum. I seen this happen in new forums. As the case with your forum you can add to the same catorgories with the type of catfish both a Husbandry and Reproduction and a separate MASH sec for each type or one general MASH sec.
Bas Pels
My images: 1
My cats species list: 28 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 7
Location 1: the Netherlands
Location 2: Nijmegen the Netherlands
Interests: Central American and Uruguayan fishes

Post by Bas Pels »

Finally I understand the title.

I've been wondering wat a sec could be - but it is a section.

Please try to remember - more than half the people on this forum are not native to English.
cats have whiskers

Return to “Suggestions, Feature Requests and Enhancements”