L333 "Belo Monte"?

Did you know fantastic help is an anagram of Planet Catfish? This forum is for those of you with pictures of your catfish who are looking for help identifying them. There are many here to help and a firm ID is the first step towards keeping your catfish in the best conditions.
Melander
I've donated: $10.00!
My images: 9
My cats species list: 18 (i:7, k:0)
My aquaria list: 11 (i:4)
My BLogs: 6 (i:1, p:160)
Spotted: 2
Location 1: Wicklow
Location 2: Ireland

L333 "Belo Monte"?

Post by Melander »

Hi,
These fish were bought as adults under the name L333 ”Belo Monte”. I’m now curious if anyone else has come across L333s under this label, would you think it’s the real capture location? Is it a known variant of the L333 or simply a selling point for a nice fish?

As a sceptic I’m thinking Belo Monte could be a name that sells, with the dam in the media and the fish called Belo Monte Special featured in literature.

I have seen about 15 of these and they do seem to have common features in the broad lines and fairly straight caudal fins. The pattern ranges from fairly straight lines to the squiggly lines in the two fish below, colours are white to cream.

I’m delighted with them as nice looking L333s but if there is something real to the label I would like to pass it on with the fry, if not I’ll call them L333.

Thanks in advance,

Andreas
Attachments
L333_m_01.jpg
L333_HP_sex.jpg
L333_HP02.jpg
L333_m_02.jpg
JoevanZYL
Location 1: Canada
Location 2: Toronto

Re: L333 "Belo Monte"?

Post by JoevanZYL »

L333 is possible to recognize with it's large adult size, not very forked tail and a body that is stockier and slightly higher than it's close relative L66. L333 is usually more yellowish/cream coloured than the more grey/white L66, but even strains of L333 with a white base colour are known.

Return to “What is my catfish?”