Your Catfish Wishlist?

A members area where you can introduce yourself, discuss anything outwith catfish and generally get to know each other.
Narelle
I've donated: $48.00!
My cats species list: 9 (i:4, k:4)
My aquaria list: 3 (i:2)
My BLogs: 1 (i:0, p:38)
My Wishlist: 133
Spotted: 6
Location 1: Texas
Location 2: USA

Your Catfish Wishlist?

Post by Narelle »

I always have a bit of a running list of fish I'd like to keep in the back of my mind, and I'm sure I can't be the only one. There are too many fish out there to list them all, but if you had to pick a top 10, which cats would make it? It doesn't necessarily have to be realistic - feel free to include species that are endangered or that are never seen in the trade.

For me: (Clearly I have a type!)

I always have a few actual running lists, so it was just a matter of combining and narrowing it down to make this. I thought it'd be quick and easy, but it was still tougher than I expected! I had to pick a top 19 and narrow it down from there. A funny thing with this list too - the order is not necessarily the order I'd snatch them up, due to space. As much as I'd love to keep Leiocassis micropogon, I don't have the space right now, so I'd sooner bring home Tachysurus spilotus if I got the chance. But if space weren't an issue, I'd get them in this order.

One of my favorite things is making these lists and getting to cross fish off. As my interests lean towards rarer and rarer fish it's getting less likely that I'll get to do that, but I got to knock off my list this past fall! :) (Previously #2 on the list!)
Huge fan and collector of Bagrid catfishes.
Graduate student, studying systematic ichthyology.
bekateen
I've donated: $40.00!
My articles: 4
My images: 130
My cats species list: 142 (i:102, k:38)
My aquaria list: 40 (i:17)
My BLogs: 44 (i:149, p:2674)
My Wishlist: 35
Spotted: 177
Location 1: USA, California, Stockton
Location 2: USA, California, Stockton

Re: Your Catfish Wishlist?

Post by bekateen »

My signature says it all. But as you said, even it isn't complete. I'll probably add a couple more plecos and corys to it. E.g., and for sure several more .

Cheers, Eric
Find me on YouTube and Facebook: http://youtube.com/user/Bekateen1; https://www.facebook.com/Bekateen
Buying caves from https://plecocaves.com? Plecocaves sponsor Bekateen's Fishroom. Use coupon code "bekateen" (no quotes) for 15% off your order.
Lycosid
My cats species list: 7 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 4
Location 1: United States
Location 2: North Carolina

Post by Lycosid »

What I like about catfish is that within one order of fishes there is such incredible diversity and so my wishlist (assuming infinite money, tank space, etc) would include some of the weirder morphologies - and probably top that list. I already have and which are certainly both weird in their own ways. Weird reproductive strategies like the mouth-brooder parasitism of or bubble nesting in some of the species is also interesting. Given my interest in predation something like would be fun too. Oh, and of course some parasitic trichomycterid would check off at least two weirdness boxes.
synolover
My cats species list: 23 (i:0, k:0)
My aquaria list: 2 (i:0)
My Wishlist: 3
Spotted: 4
Location 1: DC area, Virginia
Location 2: USA

Post by synolover »

Synodontis brichardi, microsynodontis sp 1, corydoras hastatus, brachysynodontis batensoda, panaqolus albivermis, baryancistrus beggini, L128, mystus, rama chandramara

Return to “Speak Easy”