Neotropical Ichthyology 1(2)

For the discussion of catfish systematics. Post here to draw our attention to new publications or to discuss existing works.
Shane
Expert
My articles: 69
My images: 161
My catfish: 75
My cats species list: 4 (i:0, k:0)
My aquaria list: 4 (i:4)
Spotted: 99
Location 1: Tysons
Location 2: Virginia

Post by Shane »

I realize that most of these have been posted already.
-Shane

Entomocorus melaphareus, a new species of auchenipterid catfish (Osteichthyes: Siluriformes) from the lower and middle reaches of the rio Amazonas
Alberto Akama and Carl J. Ferraris Jr.

Corydoras tukano, a new species of corydoradine catfish from the rio Tiquié, upper rio Negro basin, Brazil (Ostariophysi: Siluriformes: Callichthyidae)
Marcelo R. Britto and Flávio C.T. Lima

New characid fish, Hyphessobrycon scutulatus, from the rio Teles Pires drainage, upper rio Tapajós system (Ostariophysi: Characiformes: Characidae)
Carlos Alberto Santos de Lucena

The late Miocene Phractocephalus catfish (Siluriformes: Pimelodidae) from Urumaco, Venezuela: additional specimens and reinterpretation as a distinct species
John G. Lundberg and Orangel Aguilera

Fish assemblages of tropical floodplain lagoons: exploring the role of connectivity in a dry year
Ana Cristina Petry, Ã?ngelo A. Agostinho and Luiz Carlos Gomes

Movement of Cichla species (Cichlidae) in a Venezuelan floodplain river
David J. Hoeinghaus, Craig A. Layman, D. Albrey Arrington and Kirk O. Winemiller

Diet and trophic ecomorphology of the silverside, Odontesthes bonariensis, of the Salto Caxias Reservoir, rio Iguaçu, Paraná, Brasil
Fernanda Aparecida da Silva Cassemiro, Norma Segatti Hahn and Thiago Fernando Lopes Valle de Britto Rangel

Scientific Notes

Local fish extinction in a small tropical lake in Brazil
Paulo Santos Pompeu and Carlos Bernardo Mascarenhas Alves

Record of cleaning behavior by Platydoras costatus (Siluriformes: Doradidae) in the Amazon Basin, Brazil
Lucélia Nobre Carvalho, Rafael Arruda and Jansen Zuanon

PDFs of synopsis:

http://64.4.8.250/cgi-bin/linkrd?_lang= ... %2ebr%2fni
"My journey is at an end and the tale is told. The reader who has followed so faithfully and so far, they have the right to ask, what do I bring back? It can be summed up in three words. Concentrate upon Uganda."
Winston Churchill, My African Journey

Return to “Taxonomy & Science News”