Creteuchiloglanis tawangensis new species (Sisoridae) from northeast India

For the discussion of catfish systematics. Post here to draw our attention to new publications or to discuss existing works.
lfinley58
Expert
I've donated: $90.00!
My articles: 3
My images: 3
Spotted: 3
Location 1: Margate
Location 2: Florida USA
Interests: Catfishes (all), Aquarium History

Creteuchiloglanis tawangensis new species (Sisoridae) from northeast India

Post by lfinley58 »

Achom Darshan, Santoshkumar Abujam, Leki Wangchu, Ram Kumar, Debangshu Narayan Das and Raj Kumar Imotomba. 2019. A new species of glyptosternine catfish (Siluriformes: Sisoridae) from the Tawangchu River of Arunachal Pradesh, northeastern India. aqua International Journal, 25(1): pp. 17-24.

Abstract:
Creteuchiloglanis tawangensis, a new glyptosternine catfish, is described from the Tawangchu River at Tawang district, a headwater of the Manas River, Brahmaputra basin in Arunachal Pradesh, India. The new species differs from all congeners in having an unique combination of the following characters: presence of pinnate-like rays on the anterior margin of the first branched ray of anal fin, pectoral fin not extending to the origin of pelvic fin, predorsal length 31.3-32.5% SL, body depth at anus 10.7-11.1% SL, caudal peduncle depth 6.4-6.8% SL, adipose-fin base length 33.2-33.8 % SL, pelvic fin length 19.5-20.5% SL, 2+8=10 gill rakers on the first branchial arch, head depth 9.1-10.0% SL, and eye diameter 5.8-6.9% HL. This is the fifth species of Creteuchiloglanis described from the Brahmaputra River basin.

https://aqua-aquapress.com/product/aqua ... urnal-251/

Return to “Taxonomy & Science News”