Repeat spawning of Dekeyseria picta L052

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
Baardman
My cats species list: 17 (i:1, k:17)
My BLogs: 4 (i:0, p:87)
My Wishlist: 3
Spotted: 17
Location 1: South Africa
Location 2: mpumulanga
Interests: Pleco Catfish

Re: Repeat spawning of Dekeyseria picta L052

Post by Baardman »

They are like rabbits now lol

bekateen
I've donated: $40.00!
My articles: 3
My images: 56
My cats species list: 103 (i:41, k:46)
My aquaria list: 30 (i:14)
My BLogs: 31 (i:105, p:1597)
My Wishlist: 33
Spotted: 126
Location 1: USA, California, Stockton
Location 2: USA, California, Stockton

Re: Repeat spawning of Dekeyseria picta L052

Post by bekateen »

And another new spawn overnight last night! This time, for the first time I've seen in this cave, on the roof of the cave. They were getting kinky last night! :-$ :- :YMAPPLAUSE: =)) #CoronavirusSexyTime!
Screenshot_20200320-103543_Photos~2.jpg
And an update on spawn #6 from either March 07 or 08: That dad lost or abandoned his eggs a few days later. I found the egg mass loose in the tank and moved it to a basket. Eggs started hatching 2 or 3 days ago, and now only 3 eggs remain, all looking good and still developing (nearly done). This batch had a great hatch rate, in spite of their rough time getting lost by dad and snagged on a rock in the strong current.

Compared to all other plecos I've spawned, hatching in this species is really protracted, starting around day 8 or 9 (and most of those fry tend to die, I assume premature hatching) and dragging out to about 14 days. Most eggs hatch around day 10-12 in my tank.

Cheers, Eric
"So many catfishes, so little time... and space... and money." - I said this after visiting Pier Aquatics.
http://youtube.com/user/Bekateen1
Would you like to buy my fish? Click HERE for prices.