- Posts: 13
- Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:16 am
- My cats species list: 2 (i:0, k:0)
- Spotted: 1
- Location 1: Hednesford
- Location 2: England
A LFS of mine have recently got some young Ancistrus Rio Paraguay. I have saw these before via certain groups etc and find them really interesting.
My question is, are there any disadvantages to purchasing one of these, when I already have two, mature male Claro in my tank?
Is one more aggressive than the other?
If the Rio Paraguay turns out to be female, could they interbreed? If so, are there potential risks to hybridisation?
- Posts: 7694
- Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:50 pm
- I've donated: $40.00!
- My articles: 4
- My images: 78
- My cats species list: 125 (i:37, k:52)
- My aquaria list: 30 (i:13)
- My BLogs: 36 (i:125, p:1867)
- My Wishlist: 39
- Spotted: 151
- Location 1: USA, California, Stockton
- Location 2: USA, California, Stockton
I don't know how closely related Ancistrus claro and Ancistrus sp`Rio_Paraguay` are, but I would be concerned about the possibility of cross- breeding. Is there a reason why you want to buy only one? (How many does the store have?).