Banjo's

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
Malloot
Location 1: Netherlands
Interests: FISH!!!!

Banjo's

Post by Malloot »

Yeeaah!!

I picked up 9 banjo cats this night!!
I'm a very happy guy now!!
Now the hard work should be giving them the right sientific name. :P

See ya
Silurus
I've donated: $12.00!
My articles: 55
My images: 884
My catfish: 1
My cats species list: 90 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 419
Location 1: Singapore
Location 2: Moderator Emeritus

Post by Silurus »

Got pics? We can probably narrow it down some.
SirHelm
Location 1: San Jose, CA USA

Post by SirHelm »

I picked up a couple on friday. The LFS didn't know if they were dead or alive! We could see one's gills moving... the other one showed no life! Got them home and in a matter of 3 minutes with the lights off they were buried in the sand!! WAY COOL!

Also I have been watching them move around. They do move around more than I thought when the lights are off (have nightvision on my handi-cam). Cool thing is that they are like moving statues. Everytime I put the lights on they are in a different location, totally statue like.

I must say... so far these are my favourite cats!

(Holpos rank high.. but with me losing 5 outta 6, and the 6th with some sort of horrible disease... they have dropped somewhat!)

SH
wayneminot
Location 1: Dallas metroplex texas usa

Post by wayneminot »

I've never seen a banjo in a lfs. I would like to get some but have never seen any maybe I'll ask the lfs if they can order some for me.
Dinyar
My articles: 3
My images: 228
My catfish: 10
My cats species list: 3 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 94
Location 1: New York, NY, USA
Interests: Mochokidae, Claroteidae, Bagridae, Malepteruridae, Chacidae, Heteropneustidae, Clariidae, Sisoridae, Loricariiadae

Post by Dinyar »

The two kinds of banjos I see most often in LFS are Bunocephalus coracoeidus and B. verrucosus. (Sorry for any misspellings. Too lazy to check the Kate-Log.) Of the two, the latter is IMO by far the more interesing and active.

Dinyar

Return to “South American Catfishes (Everything else)”