Whiptails in need of ID's

Did you know fantastic help is an anagram of Planet Catfish? This forum is for those of you with pictures of your catfish who are looking for help identifying them. There are many here to help and a firm ID is the first step towards keeping your catfish in the best conditions.
Darkangel
Location 1: Oshawa Ont Canada
Interests: Catfish, Mostly synos and cories and pleco types, livebearers mostly wild type xiph's.

Whiptails in need of ID's

Post by Darkangel »

I have two types of whiptails I can not identify. Hopefully you folks here can help me out. There are two photos labeled type 1 and 4 labeled type 2. The one labeled type 1 breeds all the time but I have been unable to raise any of the fry. The ones labeled as type 2 are a group of 4 I picked up as an unidentified sturisoma. I know the pictures are not the best but alas I am no photographer. http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/tippmann_dad ... ptail+cats
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks for your help in advance.

Edit: Okay after much searching I believe the type 2 whiptail to be some type of Loricaria. Very similar to lata but not quite.

Edit: Fixed photo link
Last edited by Darkangel on 16 Feb 2003, 20:38, edited 1 time in total.
oneoddfish
My cats species list: 13 (i:0, k:0)
Location 1: detroit,michigan
Interests: large cats-odd balls-I also breed alot of different african cichlid. but my favorite thing is collecting RARE or very hard to obtain fish...

whiptails

Post by oneoddfish »

THe pic link isn't working?
what's the matter?---cat got you'r tongue.

Jerry L Brown
Darkangel
Interests: Catfish, Mostly synos and cories and pleco types, livebearers mostly wild type xiph's.

Post by Darkangel »

Anybody? No guess's at all?
BIGblue
Location 1: Sunrise, FL, USA

Post by BIGblue »

Its hard to ID him with those pictures. Go to the Cat-eLog, search By Common Names, go down till you see whiptails. They have 8 different kinds of whiptails. You can see which one looks most like yours.

Type 2 looks like Hemiloricaria Lanceolata, I could be wrong though.
Image Angel
Darkangel

Post by Darkangel »

Thanks BIGblue. I tried comparing them to all the photos in the cat-e-loque with no matches. I will keep looking but was hopeing someone here might have a better idea.

Return to “What is my catfish?”