For the discussion of catfish systematics. Post here to draw our attention to new publications or to discuss existing works.
- Posts: 7458
- Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:50 pm
- I've donated: $40.00!
- My articles: 4
- My images: 78
- My cats species list: 120 (i:40, k:52)
- My aquaria list: 30 (i:13)
- My BLogs: 36 (i:125, p:1867)
- My Wishlist: 39
- Spotted: 146
- Location 1: USA, California, Stockton
- Location 2: USA, California, Stockton
McEachran, John and Fechhelm, Janice D.. "Siluriformes". Fishes of the Gulf of Mexico, Vol. 1: Myxiniformes to Gasterosteiformes, New York, USA: University of Texas Press, 2021, pp. 359-363. https://doi.org/10.7560/752061-028
https://www.degruyter.com/document/doi/ ... 1-028/html
Siluriformes, Gonorhynchiformes, Cypriniformes, Characiformes, and Gymnotiformes make up the ostariophysians, one of the twobasal groups of euteleosteans. The order contains about 31 families, and 1 of these occurs in the Gulf of Mexico.