Cories

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
sammich
Location 1: VA

Cories

Post by sammich »

Will cories of different spieces school together? I'm setting up a new tank and I'm planning on putting 20 cories in there, but not all of the same species, and I'm afraid that they might not school. Could someone clarify this for me? Thanks.
Yann
I've donated: $20.00!
My articles: 8
My images: 271
My cats species list: 81 (i:0, k:0)
My BLogs: 2 (i:3, p:90)
Spotted: 108
Location 1: Switzerland
Location 2: Switzerland
Interests: Catfish mainly form South America, Cichlids, Geckos, Horses WWII airplanes, Orchids

Post by Yann »

Hi!

I have mixed species together in community tanks, it really depend on what species you mix together, some do and others don't...but usually species that have similar body colour are more likely to school together than ones that have clearly different colour pattern but again this can vary from species to species and among individuals as well..
Cheers
Yann
Don't Give Up, Don't Ever Give Up!
michelle56
Location 1: Oklahoma
Interests: Loricariiadae because it has Plecostomus, Blue-Eyed Panaque, Twiggies, Ottos,Whiptails,Pretty Peckoltias

Post by michelle56 »

Its kindof like mixing a piranha with a human hand. Doesn't turn out so good.
I've tried to kill the pain,but only brought more(so much more) I lay dying, and I'm pouring crimson regret and betrayal I'm dying,praying,bleeding,and screaming...Am I too lost to be saved? Am I too lost? My God my Tourniquet return to Salvation, My God my Tourniquet return to me Salvation.
sammich
Location 1: VA

Post by sammich »

Thanks...also, when will my cories be able to spawn?

Return to “South American Catfishes (Callichthyidae - Corys et al)”