90 Gallon Tank Reboot

Post pictures of your beloved catfish aquaria here. Also good for pictures of your (cat)fish rooms or equipment discussions. If you are posting pictures of identified catfish, please do so in the appropriate husbandry and reproduction forum above.
emacartoon
My cats species list: 16 (i:15, k:0)
My aquaria list: 2 (i:2)
Location 1: Mesa, AZ
Location 2: United States
Interests: aquaponics, fish, art, books, coffe

90 Gallon Tank Reboot

Post by emacartoon »

Some of you may have seen in the other forums that I upgraded my 55gallon to a 90gallon, but I was daft and used chain store fish for cyclers. They apparently carried velvet and wiped everyone but 2 corys out.

I just wanted to share what the reboot looks like. :) No striped raphaels, yet, but I may add some later after some fish grow old.
90 gallon with tea coloured water
90 gallon with tea coloured water
Currently housing:
5 tourquoise rainbows
3 roseline sharks
5 clown loaches
1 7" Gibbiceps pleco
1 3 - 4" common pleco
1 7" synodontus hybrid (sp 7)
1 Louisiana crayfish

2 LED lighting strips. Filtration: back hanging Fluval filter rated up to 100 gals, and a Fluval 405 canister. Planted while it lasts.

The gibbi and the syno are doing well so far - I just got the syno yesterday. Only minor space invading, no fights. I'm a little wary of moving the corys back over from the 20 gal. They seem to be quite happy, though, so I may just leave them as is for a while longer.
.Plecomania.
My cats species list: 2 (i:2, k:0)
My aquaria list: 1 (i:1)
Location 2: New Jersey USA

Re: 90 Gallon Tank Reboot

Post by .Plecomania. »

looks nice. i bet it would look nicer if you attach the ferns and anubias to the driftwood instead of growing them on the ground.
Supercorygirl
My cats species list: 13 (i:0, k:0)
My aquaria list: 3 (i:0)
My BLogs: 3 (i:1, p:124)
Location 2: Devon, AB, Canada

Post by Supercorygirl »

I would suggest leaving the corys out of the 90G completely. I have never kept corys and X-rays together but have heard horror stories from friends who have, ie tailless/finless corys to snack corys. Granted I have no idea how big the Louisiana crays get but these ones were electric blue marbles and while not in a 90G were still in a fairly heavy with hideouts and anywhere from 30-50G in size.
No good fish goes anywhere without a porpoise. - Lewis Carroll
emacartoon
Interests: aquaponics, fish, art, books, coffe

Post by emacartoon »

I agree, Plecomania. I haven't found the time to try and tie them down, yet. It's on the list! That, and acquiring fishing wire.

Supercorygirl, But of course I didn't see your reply until too late. Yeah, I avoided the blues for that reason. Coupled with them being technically illegal in Arizona, and I'm not too worried about it. My Louisiana red is female (I know this by the claw size), and not territorial since she's the only one in there. She doesn't even snip at the clown loaches when they pile on top of her. She's full size already at about 4 inches sans claws. She'll not likely get bigger, and since she was foodstock (I "saved" her from a crawfish boil that she escaped from), I don't expect her to live for eons. I'll have had her for a year this May. She's pretty much not the normal nor what I expected, especially with it comes to crawfish. I will say that she was fine with the corys for at least 7 months.

~~
Tank Update:
The corys are back in the 90 and loving it. The clown loaches are about their size, so they're going crazy playing together. I added some baby spotted raphaels (Wednesday) and striped raphaels (today). I am down only one rosie. One of the clowns was wasting away, but my LFS hooked me up with some meds to mix with food in case of intestinal parasites. Moved a big thing of dwarf lillies over.

More pictures ^_^
Updated tanks
Updated tanks
More
More
Baby stripey
Baby stripey
emacartoon