My images: 16
My catfish: 2
My cats species list: 58 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 8
Location 1: Spokane, WA
Location 2: USA

December's Photo Contest

Post by Barbie »

The photo contest is officially up, and can be seen Here. To vote, you click on "rating" under each of the pictures, and give the picture a score between 1-10, with 10 being the highest, and 1 the lowest rating. You are judging picture composition, focus, and representation of the species. The contest will last until December 29th, with the winner to be announced on the 30th. Entries are now closed for the December contest, but will be accepted for the January edition.

Happy voting, and good luck to everyone! I think we had a great turnout, and I appreciate all of the patience everyone has had while implementing it. Thanks again!

Barbie

A recap of the rules for the contest:

1. All pictures must be of Catfish! (Dead or alive, already in the Cat-elog or not) One picture per member, per contest please.

2. All pictures must be no larger than a maximum dimension of 640 pixels, and be less than 300K in filesize. (This is an important one! )

3. There will be a 2 week entry period, after which, all of the entries will be reviewed and 20 will be chosen for voting. The voting period will last for 2 weeks. Any pictures submitted during the voting period will be eligible for the next contest, not the present one.

4. Submission of pictures is permission for them to be used in the Cat-elog. Not all images will be used, as some species are already well documented, but this will strictly be at moderator discretion. If your picture shows up in the top left corner of the thumbnails page for that species, it is the one that Jools feels best represents the species, so congratulations!

5. The top 3 pictures from each contest will be added to the Photo Contest Archive.

6. Only registered users are allowed to vote, and we ask that you please only vote once.
Rusty
Location 1: New York, NY
Interests: Mochokidae, Clariidae, Heteropneustidae, Malapteruridae, Chacidae, Cetopsidae, Bagridae, Amphilidae

Post by Rusty »

Voting for this month's contest has just ended. The winners will be announced shortly!

Rusty

Return to “Site Announcements”