- Posts: 1182
- Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:49 am
- My articles: 5
- My images: 121
- My catfish: 4
- My cats species list: 60 (i:0, k:0)
- Spotted: 44
- Location 2: Madras (Chennai) , India
- Interests: Bagrids,Erethistids,Sisorids and most native cats.
That said, a bunch of Pseudolaguvia were exported under the label 'Elongate Moth Catfish' recently. There is a chance you could end up with either a Hara sp. or a Pseudolaguvia sp., more likely the latter.
Customer:Not much of a cheese shop really, is it?
Shopkeeper:Finest in the district, sir.
Customer:And what leads you to that conclusion?
Shopkeeper:Well, it's so clean.
Customer:It's certainly uncontaminated by cheese.
- Posts: 2814
- Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:35 pm
- My images: 1
- My cats species list: 27 (i:0, k:0)
- Spotted: 6
- Location 1: the Netherlands
- Location 2: Nijmegen the Netherlands
- Interests: Central American and Uruguayan fishes
If I'm informed correctly, in Germany it is forbidden to keep fish in a smaller tank, and I think they are right. As far as I know, Germany is the only country to heve regulated this.
The fish might accept a smaller tank, but the smaller the tank, the harder it is to keep it stable. Keeping a tank this size stable for a few years with only maintenance (that is, not making it dry) is quite a challence.
- Posts: 4379
- Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2002 10:12 pm
- My articles: 69
- My images: 161
- My catfish: 72
- My cats species list: 4 (i:0, k:0)
- My aquaria list: 4 (i:4)
- Spotted: 89
- Location 1: Tysons
- Location 2: Virginia
Winston Churchill, My African Journey
- Posts: 939
- Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 11:55 pm
- I've donated: $20.00!
- My articles: 5
- My images: 65
- My cats species list: 2 (i:0, k:0)
- Spotted: 25
- Location 1: Runcorn.
- Location 2: Cheshire.UK
- Interests: Asiancatfish/corys
I think that some sources that show a photo of a Pseudolaguvia species, maybe Pseudolaguvia ribeiroi do so because some years ago Fish Base erroneously used such a photo against Erethistes (Hara) horai, and people 'used' that photo in publications and on social media, etc.
Sadly I haven't seen any nice specimens of these in my area for many, many, years
It was called "How to handle disappointment."
When I opened the box, it was empty.