Broken link in Hypoptopoma sp.(2)

A historical forum for issues reported in the suggestions and bugs forum that have been subsequently fixed or resolved.
MatsP
My articles: 4
My images: 28
My cats species list: 117 (i:33, k:0)
My aquaria list: 12 (i:10)
My BLogs: 4 (i:0, p:97)
Spotted: 187
Location 1: North of Cambridge
Location 2: England.

Broken link in Hypoptopoma sp.(2)

Post by MatsP »

If I click on the thumbnail for the picture, it shows a "Error 404" page. But only when I got there by "Random select species" entry.

I'm not sure if you can reproduce this bug, but it seems to happen every time I try, and I get the same specie each time too (I don't know how the "random" selection is working. Does it just use the date/time to select something).

--
Mats
Rusty
Location 1: New York, NY
Interests: Mochokidae, Clariidae, Heteropneustidae, Malapteruridae, Chacidae, Cetopsidae, Bagridae, Amphilidae

Post by Rusty »

The same species everytime bug is most likely a caching issue on your end. Try force refreshing the page (usually a click on the refresh button while holding down the shift key). The broken image links, on the other hand, are a bigger problem which I will look into. Do you get the same broken links when going to that actual species page (vs. looking at it from the random page)?

Rusty
MatsP
My articles: 4
My images: 28
My cats species list: 117 (i:33, k:0)
My aquaria list: 12 (i:10)
My BLogs: 4 (i:0, p:97)
Spotted: 187
Location 1: North of Cambridge
Location 2: England.

Post by MatsP »

Ok, thanks for the explanation of the non-randomness.

On the link to the picture: It works fine if I go to the Specie directly, but not from the random one. And it applies to each of the three different ones I've seen so far. Can't remember what the middle one was, but the last one was Farlowella Marialene (excuse my spelling on that one).

--
Mats
Jools
Expert
My articles: 198
My images: 933
My catfish: 237
My cats species list: 87 (i:13, k:1)
My BLogs: 7 (i:11, p:203)
My Wishlist: 23
Spotted: 450
Location 1: Middle Earth,
Location 2: Scotland
Interests: All things aquatic, Sci-Fi, photography and travel. Oh, and beer.

Post by Jools »

Rusty, what's the issue here?

Jools

Return to “All Resolved Issues”