newbie - rivertank

Post pictures of your beloved catfish aquaria here. Also good for pictures of your (cat)fish rooms or equipment discussions. If you are posting pictures of identified catfish, please do so in the appropriate husbandry and reproduction forum above.
Gummo
Location 1: sweden

newbie - rivertank

Post by Gummo »

hi.
im turning my tank more and more into a river tank... i just got my aquaclear 802 and will soon put it in. i also have a fluval 4 filter and a eheim 2028 pro in this tank, which is about 90 gallons.
the eheim pump blows out at the surface, from one shortside of the tank towards the other one, to make it move.
and i just wonder; how shall i put the fluval and the 802 to get the best result?
close to surface or in the middle or...
and on the same side as the eheim or the opposite or...

any good advices?
gummo
Shane
Expert
My articles: 69
My images: 161
My catfish: 75
My cats species list: 4 (i:0, k:0)
My aquaria list: 4 (i:4)
Spotted: 99
Location 1: Tysons
Location 2: Virginia

Post by Shane »

Gummo,
Do a search of the forums for "River Tank" and you will find lots of good information.
-Shane
"My journey is at an end and the tale is told. The reader who has followed so faithfully and so far, they have the right to ask, what do I bring back? It can be summed up in three words. Concentrate upon Uganda."
Winston Churchill, My African Journey
Graeme
Location 2: Newcastle, England

Post by Graeme »

WhitePine
I've donated: $51.00!
Location 1: Washington State

Post by WhitePine »

Or you could just check the link in my signature.

Cheers, Whitepine
Cheers, Whitepine

River Tank with Rio HF 20 (1290 gph), Eheim 2236.
- Apon boivinianus, Bolbitis, Crypt balansae, Microsorum Windelov, Vallisneria americana, Crinum calamistratum, Nymphaea zenkerii, Anubias barterii.

Return to “Tank Talk”