Hi I'm the new guy

A members area where you can introduce yourself, discuss anything outwith catfish and generally get to know each other.
volatin1
Location 1: Ridgecrest,Ca.
Interests: Unusual Tropical Fish...Electric Catfish, Lungfish,Saltwater.

Hi I'm the new guy

Post by volatin1 »

Hello there
I recently found this website when I was trying to ID my "Stone Cats". I did a search and wound up in a forum that described exactly my fish...they are Moth cats...Hara Hara..or maybe Hara jerdoni. So I'll see what I'm gonna do with my 5 Moth cats.This is quite the cool website for catfisher's. I am into the unusual tropical fish, both salt and fresh. I have had fish since I was 10(I'm 37). I worked junior high and high school at a petstore and later at a wholesaler in seattle(gotta love 300% mark up).I have a very healthy electric catfish right now. I did have a lungfish for several years. He was very personable and enjoyed live fish. Does anyone else have an electric catfish...Malaptererus Electricus...ie. sausage with whiskers. I am also trying to get my hands on some healthy water sprite plants.I live in Ridgecrest,Ca. in the Mojave Desert. I drive 1.5 hrs to get to my favorite petstore. There is 1 petstore and walmart in ridgecrest. Neither carry exotic or unusual generally. Although surprisingly, the petstore had these stone cats. So there you go. You just never know if that little petstore down the street just might happen to get something from the wholesaler that's real cool.
Graeme
Location 2: Newcastle, England

Post by Graeme »

Welcome! :D
MatsP
My articles: 4
My images: 28
My cats species list: 117 (i:33, k:0)
My aquaria list: 12 (i:10)
My BLogs: 4 (i:0, p:97)
Spotted: 187
Location 1: North of Cambridge