Feeding a large L200

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
powerfulpumpkins
Location 1: Derby UK
Location 2: Derby UK
Interests: Fishkeeping, Natural World, Travel

Feeding a large L200

Post by powerfulpumpkins »

Can anyone give me advice on what best to feed a new L200 pleco I got Saturday.
Let me explain I was at work Saturday and some friends called to say they were at a store in the UK which had L200's at a good price. They stated they were the same size as one I purchased a couple of months ago and so I said get me one as long as it looked healthy.
I went later that day to my friends to get the L200 and it was far bigger than the one I had first purchased.
I have no problem feeding my smaller L200 as it eats a mixture of foods but currently this larger L200 is eating nothing.
I guess it is likely to take longer to settle being an older fish but what should I try and tempt this fish to eat?
Thanks

PP
For those who are into fishkeeping and who live around Derby UK why not join Derby and District Aquarists - you can search for us on Facebook
oscar300
My cats species list: 9 (i:0, k:0)
Location 1: north east england

Post by oscar300 »

Bloodworm, prawn and courgett......especialy the skin! Good luck with him..
hmm somthing witty....
pureplecs
I've donated: $40.00!
My images: 5
My cats species list: 29 (i:0, k:0)
My aquaria list: 12 (i:0)
Spotted: 5
Location 2: USA, Florida

Post by pureplecs »

They go crazy over zuchini... :D
powerfulpumpkins

Thanks for your replies. I have added Courgette (Zuchinni) but currently it has not attracted the L200 although I have trouble getting the food to the area the L200 lurks. I did see it rasping algae on a pot skull in the tank so I think it is settling.

PP
For those who are into fishkeeping and who live around Derby UK why not join Derby and District Aquarists - you can search for us on Facebook
jeremy242
Location 1: Oviedo, Fl
Location 2: Oviedo Fl

Post by jeremy242 »

I am hving the same problem with y new L200. It has been two weeks for mine. He looks health but i have never seen him eat. I have had shrimp, cucumber, waffers, and shrim pellets non looked to be touched. However he must be eating something as his belly is not sunken. Just keep an eye on him.
75 gallon
12 Panda Corys
15 Lemon tetras
1 L264
2 L200
1 L134
1 L186b
1 L128
1 L129
1 L81
1 L270

45 plwood tank
15 L104
powerfulpumpkins

Well I am pleased to say my L200 now seems to be starting to eat Courgette (Zuchinni) infact its eating it now.
I guess these fish take time to settle into different water conditions.
I have started to drop a section of Courgette into my tank where the L200 lurks by attaching it to a lettuce clip which is tied to a fishing line so I can easily remove the lettuce clip for refilling.

PP

Return to “South American Catfishes (Loricariidae - Plecos et al)”