Foods

A members area where you can introduce yourself, discuss anything outwith catfish and generally get to know each other.
Zack
Location 1: Kodiak Alaska
Interests: fish,outdoors,powersports=mx,pre running,etc etc

Foods

Post by Zack »

What brand of food do you recommend/feed your fish?? Another question, i fish quite often and have gotten into the habbit of always giving my fish some pieces of the freshly caught fish is this ok or is there deseases and such to worry about my fish getting?? The fish they normaly eat are halibut,cod,sockeye salmon,silver salmon,king salmon,pink salmon,rainbow trout,dolly vardens. I only feed them pieces of meat, no fat or grissle. Also i kep the heart out of a sockeye i caught yesterday and fed it to my fish after i rensed it then chopped it then rensed it again, is the heart ok for them??
55 gallon
11 pygmy cories
8 neon tetras
1 banjo
4 black neons
4 otos
Silurus
I've donated: $12.00!
My articles: 55
My images: 885
My catfish: 1
My cats species list: 90 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 420
Location 1: Singapore
Location 2: Moderator Emeritus

Post by Silurus »

I think as long as you feed saltwater fish to your fishes, the chances of transmitting diseases/parasites are fairly low.
As for fish food brands, I feed my fish just about any brand of fish food except Wardley's (I gave up using this brand after having the food do nothing but foul the water). I am currently using OSI shrimp pellets and they're great (stumbled upon an unused 24-lb bucket of the stuff). My cats just love 'em.
Cartman
Location 1: MN, USA

Post by Cartman »

I'm a big fan of HBH, espescially HBH Graze. You can buy it in bulk at http://www.jehmco.com for great prices.
As far as feeding fish I haven't had any troubles w/ saltwater fish but I've had better success w/ fresh shellfish, mainly mussels and prawns.
Zack

Post by Zack »

Muscles are more than plentiful around here, how do you feed them?? iv cracked them open before and they just looke like a bunch of snot, i didnt see any meat or anything solid enough to stick in my tank.
55 gallon
11 pygmy cories
8 neon tetras
1 banjo
4 black neons
4 otos
Rusty
Location 1: New York, NY
Interests: Mochokidae, Clariidae, Heteropneustidae, Malapteruridae, Chacidae, Cetopsidae, Bagridae, Amphilidae

Post by Rusty »

We too buy most of our food in bulk from http://www.jehmco.com. The HBH meat-lovers is well received, and spirulina flake is also taken with gusto. Jehmco's frozen food is quite good, but you'll soon find there's no room for human food in the freezer (you have to buy a kilo of the stuff at one time)! For the bigger predatory cats, Hikari carnivore pellets are great.
stibolt
Location 1: Hamlet´s town, Denmark
Interests: Almost all catfishes, but mostly Panaque nigrolineatus

Post by stibolt »

You can buy mussles without their shell in almost any supermarket - just like you can buy shrimps without their shrimp-sheild-thing. . Maybe it was an oyster you opened. . they look like snot - and taste like it.
Zack

Post by Zack »

Nope deffinately a muscle, oysters arent found around here. I will give that website a look and when i get some more money concider buying some of the foods you guys mentioned. Thanks.
55 gallon
11 pygmy cories
8 neon tetras
1 banjo
4 black neons
4 otos

Return to “Speak Easy”