Feeder fish

All posts regarding the care and breeding of catfishes from other parts of the world (North America, Europe and Australia). If you don't know where your catfish is from, post a query in the identification category.
IndefactorX
Location 1: Texas

Feeder fish

Post by IndefactorX »

Does anyone know of any online resources that i can order alot of feeder fish from for real cheap? any help would be great, i need to feed my blue and my albino catfish
Only one difference between genius and stupidity, genius has its limits
Silurus
I've donated: $12.00!
My articles: 55
My images: 885
My catfish: 1
My cats species list: 90 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 420
Location 1: Singapore
Location 2: Moderator Emeritus

Post by Silurus »

Why take risks with feeder fishes and possible transmission of diseases? A sack of commercial fish feed would do nicely in place of feeders. Might even be cheaper in the long run too.
DeLBoD
Location 1: Wales UK

Post by DeLBoD »

Indeed. I wont even feed my cats live bloodworms for the same reasons.
FatCat
Location 1: Kansas USA
Interests: Fish, Wildlife, Computers, Music

Post by FatCat »

The safest way to avoid possible contamination from outside sources it to breed your own guppies or something for a treat but i agree with the others guys here. you would be missing out on enjoying these fish with live food. These two fish can easily be trained to come to the surface for floating pellets and very quickly take it out of your hand. Its a lot of fun seeing these fish come up and suck a bunch of pellets off the surface then thank you with a fresh shower of tankwater as they head back down :D

Return to “Other Catfishes”