USA importers

A members area where you can introduce yourself, discuss anything outwith catfish and generally get to know each other.
kwalker
I've donated: $236.00!
My images: 4
My cats species list: 55 (i:0, k:0)
My BLogs: 16 (i:2, p:392)
Spotted: 2
Location 1: SPENCER,OHIO USA
Location 2: spencer,ohio united states
Interests: breeding catfish from all parts of the world and getting them into the hobby. favorite catfish is the stonecat madtom,btw ingo how are my fish

USA importers

Post by kwalker »

hello all

just a couple of points i would like to discuss. for those of us that order from importers, have you had any trouble with the fish identifacation from these company's. example the company i most recently used, we ordered 17 species of fish and 15 happened to be something other than what i ordered. the fish that i recieved where definetly not a species that i would have purchased at the price that i eventually paid.

does anyone have good luck with fish identifacation from importers, if so what are the company's that you use?

thanks in advance ken :foggie:
" CATFISH, THE ONLY REAL AQUARIUM FISH"
dconnors
My cats species list: 13 (i:2, k:0)
My Wishlist: 3
Location 2: central michigan, USA

Re: USA importers

Post by dconnors »

Whenever I spend a large amount of cash I always ask for pics, and I explain why. I simply state, look-I'm spending alot of money and I want to be 100% certain that I am getting what I am paying for. This is especially important with L numbers as so many look close enough that the exporters will almost always try to get the most expensive L number out of it. May I ask what you ordered and what you actually got? And if you don't mind sharing who the fish were bought from so we can avoid this importer.
Dave
kwalker
Interests: breeding catfish from all parts of the world and getting them into the hobby. favorite catfish is the stonecat madtom,btw ingo how are my fish

Post by kwalker »

a few example's

i receied L-204 i think vs L-270 that i ordered
not sure yet vs L-106
c trilintiatus vs mellini
L-200 instead of L-333
these are just a few examples of what happed so far
dconnors
My cats species list: 13 (i:2, k:0)
My Wishlist: 3
Location 2: central michigan, USA

Post by dconnors »

Wow! Those aren't even close! Was this an online retailer?
kwalker

Post by kwalker »

no this is a importer who has been in business a few years now. they actually came highly recommended from other company's. live and learn i guess.

Return to “Speak Easy”