Should it be reported to ebay? redtail for sale

A members area where you can introduce yourself, discuss anything outwith catfish and generally get to know each other.
roo
My aquaria list: 1 (i:1)
Location 1: Surrey
Location 2: Woking, Surrey, England
Interests: Fish! Camping, Travel, Reading and DIY

Should it be reported to ebay? redtail for sale

Post by roo »

I don't want to stick my nose in where it shouldn't be...but thee is a redtailed catfish for sale on ebay!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Red-Tailed-Catfis ... 4150bffc3b

the advert doesn't really explain the tank requirements for this fish.

Thanks

Ruth
MatsP
My articles: 4
My images: 28
My cats species list: 117 (i:33, k:0)
My aquaria list: 12 (i:10)
My BLogs: 4 (i:0, p:97)
Spotted: 187
Location 1: North of Cambridge
Location 2: England.

Re: Should it be reported to ebay? redtail for sale

Post by MatsP »

Nice of you to come and visit... ;)

It's clear that the seller knows the fish will grow large, and so should the buyer: "HI, you are bidding on a 15" Red Tailed Catfish this fish can grow up to 4 feet in lengh very nice fish and good condition". I think the seller is quite optimistic about the price, but ho-hum. I think a quick search will get you one for more or less free - especially if you come and pick it up and bring your own net and tub...

You may want to send a message to the seller, but I doubt e-bay themselves care very much - there is nothing DIRECTLY misleading in the advert.

From what Jools says [I think he subscribes to e-bay adverts with "catfish" in the title], RTC and other larger pims are quite often sold on e-bay.

I'm moving this to "speak easy", as you are not really trying to help sell this fish, I think.

--
mats

Return to “Speak Easy”