very good value plecs @ badshot lea in the UK

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
zebra_pl*co
Location 1: Surrey, UK
Interests: catfish - especially L numbers

very good value plecs @ badshot lea in the UK

Post by zebra_pl*co »

I have had a busy weekend of fish spotting, after buying my zebra's a new tank, a new external filter and loads of other bits and bobs.

I was wondering around my local garden centre, who normally have no fishes better than guppies and tetra's but they had loads of plecs at fairly decent prices.

gold nugget plecs, yes the real thing - £13 each or 3 for £30
royal panaque plecs - £12 ( do you think they know what these are?? )
and
not sure what you call them, but they had emerald green plecs, with lime green spots, they just caled them green plecs, but they were £55 each. they were really nice looking, and in perfect condition.

SO if you love plecs and live in the Southern UK, take a trip to Badshot Lea garden centre, and pick up some of these. I would but then I would need a third tank !! :twisted:
polkadot
Location 2: Singapore

Re: very good value plecs @ badshot lea in the UK

Post by polkadot »

zebra_pl*co wrote: not sure what you call them, but they had emerald green plecs, with lime green spots, they just caled them green plecs, but they were £55 each. they were really nice looking, and in perfect condition.
My guess is that it's a L200?
zebra_pl*co

Post by zebra_pl*co »

Polka,

very good guess going by my vague description. But its not them, very similar though. I will go get the actual L number next weekend, as they are magnificent fish !!

They actually look just like the golden nugget, but emerald green with lime spots in the same pattern, minus the higlights on the fins. their bodies look a different shape to the L200 in the pics i have seen, more like my zebra's shape but bigger. The fish ive seen look fatter round the belly than the head.

And another clue to these fish is they had the choice of wood, slate or plant in their tank, they were all on the plants ?!?
Caol_ila
My images: 51
Spotted: 23
Location 1: Mainz, Germany

Post by Caol_ila »

Hi!

55 pounds is a normal price here for L200 and afaik theres no other pleco with green/yellow color...the other prices are nice but 20? for a common royal is normal... :roll:
cheers
Christian
ronsterrc
My cats species list: 12 (i:0, k:0)
Location 1: My house, Newcastle
Interests: Catfish!

Post by ronsterrc »

Ermm.... L200 is pretty rare up in't North so snap them up. Or send one to me! i wanted one some time ago and could not get hold of one. So i got 4 zebras instead 8)

Ron
Caol_ila
My images: 51
Spotted: 23
Location 1: Mainz, Germany

Post by Caol_ila »

this thread pretty much answers the question http://forum.planetcatfish.com/viewtopic.php?t=382
cheers
Christian
coelacanth
My articles: 1
My images: 2
My catfish: 4
My cats species list: 32 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 3
Location 1: Bolton, UK
Location 2: UK
Interests: All things Aquatic

Post by coelacanth »

ronsterrc wrote:Ermm.... L200 is pretty rare up in't North so snap them up. Or send one to me! i wanted one some time ago and could not get hold of one. So i got 4 zebras instead 8) Ron
BAS has some in at the moment, if you're still looking for some.
Pete
zebra_pl*co

Post by zebra_pl*co »

Thanks for that, guys looking at the pictures they are L128's. I have been back to the store and the card states "emerald spotted plecostomus"
I have corrected them last night, I wonder if they changed the card by now.. these plecs are really nice !! :lol:

Return to “South American Catfishes (Loricariidae - Plecos et al)”