please can i have some advice

A members area where you can introduce yourself, discuss anything outwith catfish and generally get to know each other.
robbie_seiga
Location 1: colwyn bay
Interests: fish keeping, airsofting

please can i have some advice

Post by robbie_seiga »

Hi my name is robbie seiga and i am from the small town of colwyn bay in n.wales, i live just around the corner from Erskine Aquatics if anyone has heard of this shop, i currently have a 36x15x12 tank with a gibbicep plec, 2 corydoras, 2 pangasius, 1 malawi cichlid, 4 harlequin rasbora, 1 red tailed black shark and various other small fish and an angel fish, i am getting a 48x18x12 tank and i am planning on moving the pangasius into it, i also would like to add other fish could any one give me advice on the suitability of the fish below,
paroon sharks
shark cats
angels
black ghost knife fish
various cichlids including, keyhole, firemouth and crib
pim pictus,
silver dollers,
clown loach
corydoras
get off my plants you nasty little cichlid
Silurus
I've donated: $12.00!
My articles: 55
My images: 885
My catfish: 1
My cats species list: 90 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 420
Location 1: Singapore
Location 2: Moderator Emeritus

Post by Silurus »

The following will grow too big for the tank:
paroon sharks
shark cats
silver dollers
On top of that, shark cats need a marine environment to thrive.

The Pnagasius will eventually outgrow the 4' tank, so I don't think it's wise to even think about adding too many fish (or adding any fish at all).
Ben
Location 1: PEI, Canada
Interests: Fish, Computers, Comic Books, Nature

Post by Ben »

Your most immediate concern will be to get that cichlid out of there. I don't know how large it is, or exactly what kind you've got, but for the most part they are too agressive to keep with the majority of what's in your tank. They really should be kept in a tank dedicated to thier own kind. That being said, I wouldn't advise adding any more cichlids. I wouldn't really advise adding any other sharks, or shark like catfish. Just about all of the "shark-shaped catfish" grow large, and require lots of swimming space. Your interests are varried, and that's great, I'm the same, you are probably best to pick one theme at a time and go with it :) , speaking from experience.
Yann
I've donated: $20.00!
My articles: 8
My images: 275
My cats species list: 81 (i:0, k:0)
My BLogs: 2 (i:3, p:90)
Spotted: 108
Location 1: Switzerland
Location 2: Switzerland
Interests: Catfish mainly form South America, Cichlids, Geckos, Horses WWII airplanes, Orchids

Post by Yann »

Hi!

Welcome here and enjoy...
Yeap you have to change a few things at your tank population... hey but we are all learning everyday....
Cheers
Yann
Don't Give Up, Don't Ever Give Up!

Return to “Speak Easy”