Upper Rio Negro Cory?

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
Lepidosauria
Location 1: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Upper Rio Negro Cory?

Post by Lepidosauria »

I'm loking for a relatively rare species of cory from the upper Rio Negro. I've done, for the most part, a Upper Rio Negro biotope in my tank and I would liek to keep it that way. As far as my water conditions I try to keep things around 27-28C with a pH of 6.2 and a KH around 3 degrees if that helps. Aside from a few Cardinals and a Clown Pleco, most of my fish don;t have a common name that I know of. Most have never been (at least intentionally) in a box store. Most are pretty unforgiving as to water conditions. So thats the type of fish I like to look for. Any help woudl be appreciated.

Thanks again,

Clayton
I hated fish 4 yrs ago, i hated them and hated them and hated them. Now I am setting up to grow out a friends fish. Go Fig.
Shane
Expert
My articles: 69
My images: 161
My catfish: 75
My cats species list: 4 (i:0, k:0)
My aquaria list: 4 (i:4)
Spotted: 99
Location 1: Tysons
Location 2: Virginia

Post by Shane »

Clayton,
Let me suggest C. burgessi. It is an attractive sp. from the upper Negro and should not be impossible to find. Many of the upper Negro Corys look similar, basically having a light body with some black and a gold "saddle" over the head or having this same pattern with the addition of black markings on the body such as C. incolicama and C. parallelus.
-Shane
"My journey is at an end and the tale is told. The reader who has followed so faithfully and so far, they have the right to ask, what do I bring back? It can be summed up in three words. Concentrate upon Uganda."
Winston Churchill, My African Journey
Lepidosauria
Location 1: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Post by Lepidosauria »

Awesome, thanks
I hated fish 4 yrs ago, i hated them and hated them and hated them. Now I am setting up to grow out a friends fish. Go Fig.

Return to “South American Catfishes (Callichthyidae - Corys et al)”