how to speed up growth?

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
socom
Location 1: Michigan,USA

how to speed up growth?

Post by socom »

is there any way to speed growth other than good water parameters and a healthy diet?
lildunn34
Location 1: woodbridge, virginia
Interests: fish and b-ball

Post by lildunn34 »

ok geez i thought we could at least joke around, i mean you dont say anything when other members literally curse at me saying im a bad fish keeper, and you didnt even answer the mans questions
Last edited by lildunn34 on 25 Feb 2003, 01:36, edited 1 time in total.
Rusty
Location 1: New York, NY
Interests: Mochokidae, Clariidae, Heteropneustidae, Malapteruridae, Chacidae, Cetopsidae, Bagridae, Amphilidae

Post by Rusty »

lildunn, this is an example of an extremely uncalled for response. socom asked for help, and all you do is post a totally useless reply? You asked for help, and several forum members responded with good advice, which you didn't accept. Why bother asking if you're not going to heed the advice? It just wastes your time and ours. One more step outta line, and you can bid adieu to your membership.

Rusty
Ron
Location 1: Howell/Ann Arbor MI, USA

Post by Ron »

It is primarily good food and water conditions that promote growth. The only other thing that I can think of is making sure that you have adiquate room in your tanks for your different species of fish. The more you overstock your tanks the slower fish will grow.
polkadot
Location 2: Singapore

Post by polkadot »

Besides good food and clean water, higher temp can raise the metabolism rate.
socom
Location 1: Michigan,USA

Post by socom »

i missed his reply sadly. what did he say? ok, so match the water conditions. keep good water parameters, feed good and keep higher temperature. gotcha just like any other species. im not a novice fish keeper. just thought there was some possibility that there were other things that may factor into accelerated growth. thanks. cant wait until i move in 6 months or so. i want to give breeding plecos a try.

Return to “South American Catfishes (Loricariidae - Plecos et al)”